“For Whither Thou Goest, I Will Go” – Ruth 1:1-22
I. Deprivation Led Naomi To Journey To Moab With Her Husband And Unsuspecting Family (1-5) [A Time Of Dreadful Insufficiency]
A. The Father’s Decision For Moab (1-2)
1. The Period Of The Famine(1a) “Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled,”
2. The Place Of The Famine (1b) “that there was a famine in the land.”
3. The People In The Famine (1c-2)
a. Where The Family First Settled (1c) And a certain man of Bethlehemjudah [The Promised Land]
b. Where The Family Foolishly Sojourned (1d-2) [The Pagan Land]
(1) The Place Was Moab (1d) went to sojourn in the country of Moab,
(2) The People In Moab (1e-2c)
(a) Their Number (1e) he, and his wife, and his two sons.
(b) Their Names (2a-2b)
(1a) The Father And His Spouse (2a)
And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife Naomi,
(1b) The Father And His Sons (2b) and the name of his two sons Mahlon and Chilion,
(c) Their Nationality (2c) Ephrathites of Bethlehemjudah.
(3) Their Persistence In Moab (2d-2e)
(a) They Stopped There In Moab (2d) And they came into the country of Moab,
(b) They Stayed There In Moab (2e) and continued there.
B. The Father’s Death In Moab (3) And Elimelech Naomi’s husband died;