An alliterated exegetical outline of the Book of Daniel. 147 pgs.
III. The Courageous Jews Affirmed In Babylon (8-16) [A Personal Conviction]
A. The Wise Appeal Of Daniel (8-10)
1. Daniel’s Resolve For Purity (8a-8c) [The Strong Resolve For Purity]
a. For Daniel The Matter Was From His Heart (8a) But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself
[His Personal Devotion To A Holy God]
b. For Daniel The Matter Was About His Holiness (8b-8c) [His Physical Defilement By Heathen Godlessness]
(1) He Would Be Defiled By Receiving The Kingly Portion Of Their Diet (8b) with the portion of the king’s meat,
(2) He Would Be Defiled By Receiving The Kingly Portion Of Their Drink(8c) nor with the wine which he drank:
2. Daniel’s Request To A Heathen Prince (8d) therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs
b. Daniel’s Appeal For A Holy Purity (8e) that he might not defile himself.
3. Daniel’s Relationship By Providence (9) [The Supernatural Result Of His Petition]
a. A God Given Sensitivity To The Prince Of Eunuchs (9a) Now God had brought Daniel into favour… with the prince of the eunuchs.
[God Gave A Providential Tolerance For Daniel]
b. A God Given SympathyTo The Prince (8d-8e) [The Submissive Request For Permission]
a. Daniel’s Appeal From The Prince Of Eunuchs (9b) and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
[God Gave A Personal Tenderness Toward Daniel]
4. Daniel’s Resistance To The Plan (10) [The Scared Response To His Plan]
a. The Eunuch Feared Facing The Powerful Authority Of The King (10a) [The Personal Fear Of A Dangerous King]
And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king,
b. The Eunuch Feared Fiddling With The Provisions Appointed By The King (10b) who hath appointed your meat and your drink:
[The Personal Favor From A Dangerous King]
c. The Eunuch Feared Failing Their Public Appearance Before The King (10c) [The Possible Failure In His Duty To The King]
for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort?
d. The Eunuch Feared Finding The Passionate Anger Of The King (10d) then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
[The Precarious Future In Disobeying The King]
B. The Winsome Appearance Of Daniel (11-16)
1. An Alternative Diet Is Advanced (11-14)
a. Daniel’s Personal Approach To His Authority (11)