An exegetical alliterated verse-by-verse outline of the Gospel of John. $24.00
“Ye Must Be Born Again”
I. The Principle Of The New Birth Is Basic (1-3)
A. The Simple Introduction To Nicodemus (1-2)
1. His Public Religious Status In Jerusalem (1)
a. A Strict Religious Legalist In Jerusalem (1a) [Note His Extreme Phariseeism] There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus,
b. A Sanhedrin Religious Leader Of The Jews (1b) [Note His Exalted Position] a ruler of the Jews:
2. His Personal Religious Search For Jesus (2)
a. Nicodemus Was Curious About The Ability Of Jesus (2a) The same came to Jesus
b. Nicodemus Was Cautious In His Approach To Jesus (2b) by night,
c. Nicodemus Was Courteous In His Address To Jesus (2c) and said unto him, Rabbi,
d. Nicodemus Was Correct In His Affirmation Of Jesus (2d) we know that thou art a teacher come from God:
e. Nicodemus Was Confirming Of The Acts Of Jesus (2e) for no man can do these miracles that thou doest,
f. Nicodemus Was Certain About The Authority Of Jesus (2f) except God be with him.
B. The Supernatural Imperative For Nicodemus (3)
1. The Established Word Of The Eternal Lord (3a) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
2. The Exclusive Way Of Eternal Life (3b-3e)
a. The New Birth Is Urgent In Its Requirement (3b) Except
b. The New Birth Is Universal In Its Reach (3c) a man
c. The New Birth Is Untainted At Its Root (3d-3e)
(1) The Holy State Of Salvation (3d) be born
(2) The Heavenly Source Of Salvation (3e) again,
3. The Explicit Warning Of Eternal Loss (3f) he cannot see the kingdom of God.
C. The Spiritual Ignorance Of Nicodemus (4)
1. He Misunderstood The Power Of The New Birth (4a) Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old?
2. He Misunderstood The Process Of The New Birth (4b) can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
D. The Savior’s Instruction For Nicodemus (5-13)